Re-Elect Dan Roe for Roseville Mayor
Dan is not partisan or a professional politician. In all of his service to Roseville, he has proven himself to be a fair-minded listener, a pragmatic problem-solver, and an effective communicator.
Dan is the Minnesota-born and raised oldest child of a United Methodist minister father and a physical therapist mother. He has 2 younger sisters .
After Dan received his degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Michigan, he settled in Roseville, buying his home here in 1994.
Dan has worked for a Twin Cities industrial equipment manufacturer for 28 years, the last 26 as a regional sales manager.
Dan was elected to the Roseville City Council in 2006. After a 4-year council term, he was elected Mayor in 2010 and re-elected in 2014 to a second term that he completes this year.
A part of mayoral leadership that I strongly believe in is making sure that the city council arrives at the best and most informed decision for the community in every case, even if that is at odds with my own position.
When Dan has time away from his work as Mayor, or from his “day job,” he can be found reading, enjoying music, being an active US and international traveler, running, and especially spending time outdoors camping, canoeing, kayaking, or just keeping up with yard work.
- Teamed to lead development & implementation of the City’s first long-term infrastructure finance plan
- Co-led the joint Rice/Larpenteur vision planning efforts with Maplewood, St. Paul, and Ramsey County
- Helped initiate and plan the Imagine Roseville conversations on race and local government/policing issues
- Supported keeping keeping local control of the Roseville Police by not contracting policing services to the Ramsey County Sheriff
- Supported the Park Renewal Program and community based planning for the park system
- Supports and is actively involved in the Business Retention and Expansion program to grow our tax base
- Led the council through the City Manager transition in 2013
- Teamed to lead the communications restructure in the City Admin department
City Councilmember (2007-10)
- Budget and finance reformer, advocating long range planning, transparent and understandable documentation, and attention to impacts of decisions on taxpayers
- Helped craft property and nuisance code enforcement improvements
- Proposed and passed an update to the special election ordinance to eliminate long-term council appointments
- Teamed to strengthen our liquor enforcement ordinances
City Representative on Cable Commission (2008-18, chair 2010-11, 2018)
- Led search and hire of new Executive Director
- Key leader in strategic planning
- Worked on site selection and move to new facilities
City Representative/Board Member of Northeast Youth & Family Services (2013-18, Vice Chair 2016-18)
Member of the Parks Master Plan Citizen Advisory Team (2009-10)
Member of the Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee (2008-09)
Member of the Roseville Planning Commission (2005-06)
Member of Roseville HRA Rental Licensing Study Group (2006)
Member of the Twin Lakes Stakeholder Panel advisory group (2004)